Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time Flies...

Well, it has been 6 months (almost) since I started this whole blogging adventure. Still only my 2 girls.. but where are all the other followers?

The past 6 months, I have been doing a lot more reading than writing and I have been feeling a little down. It seems as if 98% of the blogs I read depict a perfect woman with her perfect husband and kids, a spotless house, and all the time and money in the world. I know this probably is not the case, but I just don't have that. I would like to:
  • always have dinner ready and delicious.
  • have a clean house
  • always say the right thing
  • be able to go to the gym and have a rockin' bod
  • always look "put together"
Instead, I am the wife that:
  • has undercooked or burnt food, 60% of the time
  • usually gives out PBJ or turkey sandwiches for meals
  • lacks in the clean house department
  • will only sometimes get dishes done
  • leaves dirty clothes piled on the floor for days
  • keeps clean clothes in the dryer
  • over-reacts to most things, especially anything having to do with FIL
  • cries over spilled milk, or more specifically, spilled tomato soup
  • freaks out when I feel neglected
  • lets something build and build until I burst... last weekend, for example.
  • goes to the gym to tan and hang out in the hot tub
  • is normally found in sweats or jeans/tee shirt combo
  • sometimes misses showers
  • doesn't always brush her hair
I know I am not perfect, or have the fairytale life that I read about. I don't even share a house with my own family (just C & I). I am continuously striving to be like the people I read about but for right now, it is not in the cards for me. And anyway, what's the fun in being perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment