Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes

Corny title... I know. But there has been a lot of changes made around here, or talk of changes. First, though, some good news. The explorer will be here early next week! I will finally be able to have my car as much as I want... I can share... but damn, this much sharing is killing me!

Obviously, Saturday was a rough day for us. I had finally reached the point of no return with his dad (seems almost like I reached it weeks ago). Some things were said, but the key point was I couldn't live like we were anymore. I had enough of his dad taking over our lives. Too much focus was on him. I was doing far too much for him, considering he has a full-time caregiver for it. I need my space. After our talking this all out with Chris, I was upset. I did not think I got through the him at all, but I said what I needed to say, and what more could be done on my end. I started brainstorming different scenarios, but at this point it was late and I was exhausted. So to bed I went. Sunday morning, I went downstairs to make some breakfast and Chris was sitting down with his dad and telling him that there needed to be changes made. He did not mention anything about our fight, which I am glad, because really... not his business.
The New Living Arrangements:
Chris' talk with his dad was primarily about him moving out of our living room. Instead of being right in the middle of our lives every second of every day (and I am typing this... forcefully), he will be moving to our room, the Master bedroom. The positives for him: huge room, huge bathroom, no dogs, closer to his caregivers room, seating for Chris to come up and watch games, and still be able to come downstairs for dinners. The positives for me (&Chris): We basically get our life back. I know it sounds extreme, but really, we do. We get back our living room, dining, only our mess in the kitchen, space, space, space, quiet, quiet, cuddle time.. basically anything you can think of will improve, I hope. Our room will be moved to the basement (mucho privacy and quiet). I absolutely cannot wait for this change, which will hopefully be this wknd, if not, when we get the explorer. Is it bad that I already have the new layout for our living room.. with our new couch found here.
Clean House!!:
Another part of our conversation was the household duties. I felt as if I did everything, mainly, because I did. I did (for all 4 of us.. plus dogs) the cooking, dishes, sweeping, mopping, fed/watered dogs, picked up papers(strewn all over the place), and shoveled the 2 feet of snow... all by myself (I also have the most on my plate, school wise). I have been pleasantly surprised by how much Chris has been doing this week, and hope it continues!

All in all... this week has been a good week. I was extremely upset when I wrote my last post. I would delete it, but since I want to document our new life together, I need to include the good & bad. No matter how hurtful it would be too look back. I am truly hoping these changes will work out for the better. No marriage is perfect, and I am seeing just how true that statement can bee sometimes. Our marriage continues to grow every minute of every day. After being together for more than 2 years, and living together for more than a year and a half (don't judge) I am still learning new things that I never knew and seeing things I have never noticed before.

No pictures this time... hopefully next post, you can see our newly rearranged house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment