Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Good, The Bad, the Ugly

I decided to link up with IMTLY for The Good, The Bad & The Ugly series.. I think this will be a good way for me to get some... um.. frustrations? out.



The Good: We live in a pretty nice house.
The Bad: It never looks pretty.
The Ugly: Probably because My FIL and his caregiver live with our (already) messiness.

The Good: I (for the most part) always have hot water to shower with.
The Bad: I share the shower with 3 men.
The Ugly: I am constantly pulling hair out of the drain. That is not mine.

The Good: I am more than half way done with my Master's degree.
The Bad: I am only half way there.
The Ugly: It is a very steep downhill from here.

The Good: I made resolutions for the New Year.
The Bad: I haven't been keeping up with most of them.
The Ugly: OK... any of them. What can I say? school started back up.

The Good: We had 2 snow days this week.
The Bad: I was stuck in the house.. not my favorite place since our (permanent) guests arrived.
The Ugly: I had to shovel, about 7 inches of snow and ice.

The Good: Sometimes my house is clean.
The Bad: Only stays that way for a whopping total of 5 minutes.
The Ugly: I seem to be the only one trying to clean it, even though I am the one with the most on my plate.

The Good: We got a brand new flat screen as a joint Christmas present.
The Bad: We normally only get to watch NBA and Matlock on it. (See next segment)
The Ugly: I was told to go to our room to watch my show, even though said FIL was sleeping (therefore not watching TV).

The Good: Not too sure there a "good" for this one.
The Bad: We have no living room, only a dining room.
The Ugly: Our old living room is now FIL's bedroom,, meaning no TV or relaxing together without a 3rd wheel.

The Good: We've been married almost 7 months!
The Bad: The "honeymoon" phase ended too soon.
The Ugly: Because we were invaded.


Hmmm.... Seems like a lot of my problems/complaints are based around my unwanted (permanent) guests?? I think so.

Stay Warm!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Id freak about the hair in the shower! Well.. I hope all that gets better soon! It sounds like you need a good girls night! Have a good night/day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill you seriously made me laugh so hard when I read this! Come back here and we can have lots of girls nights!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete