Sunday, March 27, 2011

Devotionals

I just started doing some online devotionals from Marriage Missions. This is just a snip-it of what I read tonight:

{Mature love can accept that marriage is different from dating. Not worse, just different. Mature love can accept that priorities do change and that they need to change. A mature wife can accept that the way her husband shows his love now may be through working hard to provide for his family instead of taking you out every week for a long talk over dinner. A wife accepts that after a long week, maybe the activity her husband needs the most is just “zoning” in front of the TV.}

This is huge for me. I was so worried because our relationship has changed since we were only dating. After reading this, I realized we have grown, not necessarily changed. I can't wait to do more of these devotionals. I realized tonight how much I have been lacking in the religion aspect of my life and hopefully I will be able to make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment