Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello, 2011

A few days late.. but not too bad.
This past month has been a whirlwind. School ended December 15th and I had hoped things would have slowed down, no such luck. Our (already small) house feels 10x more crowded and we don't even have a space to call our own, except the bedroom.. but who wants to lay in bed all day? (well.. sometimes, I do). Chris' dad and caregiver moved in with us December 1st, and from that day on, I feel like I am living with a rather frustrating, and spoiled child. I won't be disclosing everything, but as I type, a 60+ year old man is rummaging through my cupboards grabbing everything in site, and leaving it on the counter. I miss being able to walk into our kitchen and grabbing the wheat thins, without worrying if my FIL washed his hands before grabbing a hand full. I miss being able to sit in our living room.. without having to stand to fully see the TV. I miss being able to spread out in our own house and not be confined to the dining room table, where we have to sit in order to watch TV or just relax (FYI, these chairs are definitely not the most comfortable). I miss being able to sleep through the night, but since he has been here and yells in the middle of the night for someone to turn the TV to his movie channel, Chris and I have to take the dogs out because they freak out when they hear him (whoa run on). I miss being able to use the powder room downstairs. I miss being able to look out my window, into the back yard, and not seeing his dirty clothes piled on the window sill. I really miss being able to watch HGTV and Food Network when I get up, instead we watch Matlock and The Price is Right. I miss being able to have a romantic night in.. dinner and a movie or two, with my husband... or going to the grocery store or WalMart without a 3rd person. I'm sure Chris misses me not being so off the wall emotional about everything, but I am going absolutely crazy. I know this all sounds very selfish of me, and it's not like I don't like my FIL, I just don't like living with him (in my living room) all that much.

OK, so now for 2011 Resolutions:

  1. Get more organized.
    I would love to find a system that I will stick to. I am by no means the neatest/ organized person, but Chris and I are both constantly... misplacing items.
  2. Actually keep up on house work.
    I have my moments when I really just want to clean. This morning, for example, I wanted to get the kitchen done. I moved everything from the counters, washed down the cupboards and walls, and re-organized the cupboards. If I could keep up on the smaller tasks once a week, I think that things will stay a whole lot neater around here. (even if I live with 3 men and a few rather large dogs).
  3. Keep working out 3-4 times a week.
    I've been doing pretty good with this. In San Jose, Chris got pretty mad when I would go weeks without going to the gym because the membership costs were pretty up there.
  4. Change my look.
    Slowly transition from jeans, tee, and a hoodie, with a good ol' pony tail (my daily outfit), into something that will make me look like I didn't just roll out of bed (stick with jeans, maybe make sure they have no holes, blouses, sweaters, scarves, do my hair & makeup, etc.)
  5. Figure out a better living situation.
    Hopefully we find a new place soon.. and if need be, hopefully that place has at least an in-law unit.
  6. Keep the communication doors open.
    I realize that Chris and I are still learning to be husband and wife. Because of this, I am going to try to work on my communication.
  7. Keep the grades up.
    The first part of this year is the make it or break it semester. I need to do well in these classes in order to go on to my Master's program.
  8. CourtVisionXL
    is Chris' new business. I am currently his only employee, which he works to the bone! jk jk. But I really hope this new year will open some incredible doors for him.
  9. Shhh...
    This one's a secret, but every girl can have at least one of those.

I hope that everyone will have a great 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment