Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Traditions

This is our first (married) year of Thanksgiving. Our actual first Thanksgiving was in PA at my parents house (which was also the first time they met Chris). Last year, we spent Thanksgiving in San Jose, with my father-in-law, and a couple of Chris' friends. But this year, it is just gong to be us. No family. No friends. Just us and the nine dogs. I would like to think that I will still get up at 5am to get the turkey going and gradually progress through the rest of the meal, but lets be honest... not happenin'. I sleep in the basement with the puppies. There are five of them, so needless to say, not much sleep going on. I will probably roll off my air mattress around 10, feed the pups, potty the big dogs, then MAYBE get to work. I planned our menu last week but only just got the groceries this afternoon. We will have way too many leftovers (and we don't even like turkey!). But I have to say, even at 11:30 at night, my mouth is watering thinking of:
  • Turkey
  • Creamy Spinach and Bacon Mashed Potatoes
  • Homemade Cornbread Stuffing
  • Corn Casserole
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Homemade Thankful Rolls
  • Pumpkin Pie (maybe apple instead, haven't decided)
  • Pumpkin Roll
  • Sparkling Cider
Sounds good right? I want our first holiday as newlyweds to set the standard for the rest of our life. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment