Monday, October 18, 2010

Eggplant Parmigiana

Chris and I bet on how many puppies Roxy would have. He won. Surprise there.
Anyway, I had to make Eggplant Parmigiana for him, his favorite. My amazing MIL taught me how to make this a couple years ago. She makes her own homemade sauce, but I didn't have the time or the energy after being up for 14 hours with newborn puppies.

Eggplant Parmigiana

2 Eggplants
Spaghetti Sauce (good quality)
3 cups Mozzarella Cheese
Flour
Eggs
Bread Crumbs

Step 1: Cut eggplant into about 1/2 inch slices
Step 2: Prepare 3 separate bowls, one flour, one eggs, one bread crumbs.
Step 3: Dip a slice of eggplant in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Place in pan with hot oil. Flip eggplant when brown/crispy. When eggplant is done, and soft, place eggplant on paper towel to remove excess grease.
Step 4: Start with a layer of sauce on the bottom of an 8"x11" baking dish. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Start layering eggplant. After each layer, repeat sauce and cheese
Step 5: Put sauce and cheese on top layer, a little extra cheese just because.
Step 6: Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes.



And... Stupidly, I made another bet. And guess what? He won that one too. He bet a solid 3 boys, 3 girls. Now, I get to figure out what my payment is for this one... I should really stop doing this.

Now, I can't let you go without a picture of our beautiful new puppies.




1 comment: